Saturday, April 4, 2015

A little about me

So what can I say about me, I'm 30 something years old, I'm single (much to the dismay of some of my friends) and living life with my 3 dogs. Yup... that's right 3 dogs. Some people think I'm crazy for having so many dogs but they're my kids. Not crazy lady I feel the need to dress them or anything but they each have their own crazy personality and I couldn't imagine life without them. I a nurse in the operating room and man we see some crazy stuff sometimes! I love my job and all the craziness it entails. That said I've also used it as an excuse when it comes to my fitness.

Don't get me wrong, the shift is extremely awkward. Lunch is never at a set time and breaks, well that's a joke (at least at the hospital I'm working at). So my daily routine is something like:

Wake up - hmm do I really wanna wake up or do I want an extra 15 minutes of sleep? Who am I kidding, sleep wins!

30 minutes later: Crap! I'm running late, shouldn't have gone back to bed but oh glorious sleep how can I deny you. Hurry up get dressed and ready head out the door. NO TIME FOR BREAKFAST TODAY!

Get to work. Here's when the fun starts, It's 6:30 am and all hell has broken loose! (how i'm not quite sure). This part is really odd because while some nurses could go give others breaks they usually don't or we're just so busy with surgical cases and no one has time. So lunch if you're lucky will start about 11 am.

Lunch time: Well I overslept so I have to go get something in the cafeteria. Now I try to be healthy but sometimes you just can't pass up the chicken and dumplings. (By the way you only have 30 minutes)

Finish my day off and get home. Work on some homework, play with the dogs, tidy up around the house, relax and watch some tv. Sleep, rinse and repeat.

So that has lead me to where I'm at today. Don't get me wrong I'm happy with who I am. But I also know that I could afford to lose some weight. According to the BMI chart I could afford to lose about 100 lbs. That is so much! Now I've been to the doctor and it's always interesting to get those backhanded compliments. You know the one where the nurse says. "Wow, I wouldn't have guessed you weighed THAT much!" it's like really? because I'm still standing right here. My goal isn't to become a model or ripped like someone in crossfit (though that would be pretty cool). but rather to just be healthier. I'm lucky that right now I have no health problems and to be honest I'd like to keep it that way.

So I've tried a number of things to lose weight, while I was a travel nurse I used plexus and trust me it's a great product, IF you can do everything you need, such as drinking the water through out the day and having a meal within 30 minutes of taking your slim drink and vitamins. When I was in California using this product I lose over 12 inches and I was super happy with my weight. But I came back home and it was harder to fulfill those requirements. I didn't know when I was going to eat and if I drank water I wasn't sure if anyone could relieve me long enough to go the bathroom. Plus I'm not a big on eating breakfast in the morning.

I've seen several things on facebook for the 21 day fix and shakeology and I have another friend who works in the OR and loves it for our work schedule. So here I am about to try another one of these products. I'm hoping for the best and I'll document what I learn from this journey starting on Monday. A little nervous, but excited and hopeful, If someone is out there is reading this hopefully it'll be some inspiration for you as well. =)

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the blogging community! I wish you the best of luck on your journey. I'm going to add you to my blogroll so I'll be stopping by from time to time. Stay Strong!

    -FogDogWeightLoss.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete